Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Our Daily Bread Designs August OWH Challenge - Stars

The August challenge for Operation Write Home from Our Daily Bread Designs is Stars.  We've been challenged to use stars on our cards.  I decided to try out an idea that I've never gotten around to since I found a group of Stampin' Up! stamps at Goodwill.  The stars stamp I used on this card is dated from 2000 - old stamp with a new technique.  At least a relatively new technique!  I stamped the stars with Versamark ink onto some heavyweight watercolor paper.  After using clear embossing powder and heat setting them, I used Ranger Distress Ink faded jeans applied with a dampened sponge applicator.  I was dismayed to see the color clump up in places.  However, all became well once I then immediately used a new baby wipe to clean off the stars and watched in amazement as the blue moved around beautifully and came off the stars with no problem.  I then applied Ranger peeled paint distress ink to the bottom portion also with a dampened sponge applicator and the ink flowed beautifully across.  I decided to make the little girl out of watercolor paper as well, so I used my watercolor pencils and a water brush to color her.  All black ink is Versafine.  I also used a little bit of green watercolor pencil to accent the top of the hill and blended it in with the waterbrush.

Almost forgot!  I used the OWH fundraiser set from Mama Elephant called In My Heart.  

2 comments:

  1. It looks really cool! Thank you for joining in on the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card. Like the sentiment. - JIm

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!