Saturday, May 3, 2014

Our Daily Bread Designs May Challenge - Embossing

Our Daily Bread Designs' May Challenge is embossing, either wet or dry.  I chose to use dry embossing for this card.  I purchased the Reminisce Stripestock-Dave cardstock over a year ago when it was on clearance at my LSS.  I've wanted to make this card ever since, however, I could never get my stripes embossing folder to stop cutting my paper into pieces.  I finally found a folder that will protect my paper and give me a nice striped embossed pattern.  It's new, I believe, from Cuttlebug and it's called James' Set which means it came with other folders. (I've separated them so I don't know the others.)  I really like it because it's 5x7 so I can turn my paper any direction and still get a vertical stripe.  For the rest of the card I used Lifestyle Crafts oval dies and a sentiment stamp from Verve's Thankful Blossoms.  The vanilla cardstock is from Recollections, dark brown is Bazzill Bitter Chocolate, and Crumb Cake from Stampin' Up!

I'm adding my card to the Rebel Challenge to post all 50 cards for the ODB May Challenge in one day. I hope we make it!

1 comment:

  1. such a beautiful, elegant card, love the vanilla and dark brown, very rich feeling! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!