Saturday, April 26, 2014

Two Cards for Dad

I wasn't going to make any more Dad cards, but two more found their way into my OWH box.  
The first card features line art (black and white version of the colored clipart) from Leere Aldrich's collection Family Frenzy from PcCrafter.  I've made a card using the pre-colored version every year I've made cards for OWH.  I didn't want to break tradition, so I chose to color the line art version with my Copics for this year's cards.  The sentiment stamp is a combination of a Dad stamp from Wordsworth and "Best" and "Ever" from My Favorite Things First Place Sentiments.  The circle dies are from Spellbinders.

The other Dad card I made features a stamp I found recently at Goodwill.  It's a 1994 stamp from Stamp Yourself Silly.  I love woody wagons and just couldn't pass up a chance to make a Dad card with it.  I used OWH sketch 49 for the layout and some shiny diamond patterned paper from my stash.  Sentiment stamps are "Dad" from Wordsworth and a sentiment from Sweet & Sassy's Timeless Classic set.

2 comments:

  1. That 'woody' stamp is awesome. This card is going to bring some great memories back to someone no doubt. Nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the second card. The pattern paper, sketch, and image are a "classic" with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!