Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Stamping on Patterned Paper

I've had two paper pads called, SW Nature Designer Mat Pad, from K&Company for about three years now and I haven't finished using them.  I've been saving this particular paper simply because I just loved it and couldn't come up with an idea because when I looked at it, I saw a contrasting color in orange or red, and that meant flowers!  I decided to just bite the bullet and get some flowers onto the paper, and now one piece of the six is residing in my trash can, but I can finish using up the other four pieces for some thank you cards, yay! 

In order to make the flowers stand out, I first stamped the image from Penny Black's Blooming Garden onto the patterned paper and just colored the stems with my Copics.  Next I restamped the image on heavy white cardstock, colored it with Copics and cut out the flowers.  Before gluing them down, I did some shading with  Copic N1 and N3 markers around the stamped imaged.  I was concerned that the sentiment from Technique Tuesday's Loving Words wouldn't really have much impact, so I used Ranger Distress Ink in Black Soot and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Before mounting my panel onto the card base, I distressed the edges with Ranger Faded Jeans and lightly edged it with Black Soot.

2 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! I love the contrasting blue and orange. And I love that sentiment. Excellent job...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!