Wednesday, April 30, 2014

OWH Sketch Challenge 222

I really love OWH sketches even though I am chronically late for the challenges. This week's Sketch Challenge 222 is no exception because I love it and so right in the middle of planning out some other cards, I stopped and made my challenge cards.  I made two different ones using this week's sketch and I have a third in mind if I can take the time to search through some digis from Doodle Dragon Studios. It's never a good thing when I make two or three different cards at one time, and with planning out four OTHER cards and the sun shining and my mind straying.......

This first card uses pattern paper from Basic Grey's Oliver and a sentiment stamp from Verve's Thankful Blossoms.


The second card uses the idea that came to me while making the first card above. One of those had to take a trip to the garbage can since I glued the middle strip wrong and made a complete mess of the card.   The goof up was worth it though because I really like how this came out.  I used a stamp set from Stampendous called Sunny Flowers for the image and the sentiment.  It's a great set, but I don't think it's available anymore.  The raised dot paper is from Bazzill as is the brown cardstock.

I think I may have to go and look for that digi now before I put together anymore cards because I'm not too sure how they will come out if I'm daydreaming about the next card too much!

1 comment:

  1. These cards are eye candy with all the stripes, diagonals, patterns and big sunflower peeking over the horizon! I love how you put them both together with just the right amount of embellishments! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!