Wednesday, April 2, 2014

OWH Sketch Challenge 218

So far I haven't made any Father's Day cards for OWH except for today when I made some for the Midweek Throwdown Challenge and now for this week's Sketch Challenge 218.  This week's sketch has really been a huge help for me in using this great stamp from I Brake for Stamps.  I've had it for awhile but I couldn't figure out how to use it because it's fairly large.  I colored it with Copics and also took a bit of "artistic license" to make the sun so yellow to go with the paper colors, lol!  The sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts and the sentiment panel was made from My Favorite Things Fishtail Banner dies.  The patterned paper is from Basic Grey's collection Max and Whiskers  (The fun part is, these papers are the backsides of the papers I used on my Midweek Throwdown card here.) except for the yellow/gold crosspiece which is Basic Grey's Hello Luscious.

I'm so pleased with how my card turned out I'll make some more, though I don't plan on creating too many cards that say "Father's Day" on them.  I'll be making a larger proportion of "Dad" and general masculine cards in case Sandy gets in a surplus of Father's Day cards.

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. This is a very nice Father's Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sure winner, and I love that image!! The papers are nothing short of awesome for masculine cards, and I just love every single detail here! Great father's day card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very impressive! I love how you worked with that large stamp, nice coloring and the is perfect late day hunting sun! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!