Wednesday, April 9, 2014

OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge - Masculine Cards

This week's Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home's Stars & Stripes is a Masculine Challenge, where we are challenged to make masculine cards using any theme.  I hadn't done OWH sketch 213 yet, so I decided to use that for my layout.  Papers are from My Mind's Eye Spice 6x6 paper pad. The heart is from Inkadinkadoo and the sentiments stamp is from Technique Tuesday's Date Night stamp set.  Dies used are Spellbinders circle dies and My Favorite Things Fishtails.  

I love this sketch, but I really struggled to get everything in place!  I finally just made all of the elements one structure so I could lightly traced around the inner corner of the left rectangle and across the top banner in order to stamp the sentiment where it belonged. I then erased the lines and glued down all of the elements as one piece. 

The sun is playing hide and seek today, but I think the rain is holding off, so a walk with my two big dogs looks like a possibility.  Hope your day is going well and thanks for visiting my blog!

6 comments:

  1. No one would ever know that your had any trouble with this card at all. It came out fantastic. I love the layout, the papers and that sentiment. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that sentiment! Great use of masculine-looking papers, too, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great card! I love this sketch too! I usually use a computer generated sentiment, so I can exactly get the spacing right. Otherwise, I found sacrificing one paper to just cards, stamp away, lay out my pieces and then but my card front, works every time! Thanks for sharing, really great

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Donna! It looks so great and like you had no trouble at all. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with Donna. This card rocks! Love the dove tails on the two horizontal strips but not on the vertical one. And, the sentiment is perfectly placed. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the little pop of orange on this. You've been busy creating a lot of nice cards as usual and I really enjoy visiting your blog even if it's not as often as if use to be. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!