Wednesday, April 2, 2014

OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge - Father's Day

This week's OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge is to make a Father's Day card.  I used a stamp from Woodware called Casting the Bait and Versafine Onyx Black ink on a distressed looking piece of Basic Grey cardstock from their line Max and Whiskers.  The plaid paper is also from the same Basic Grey collection.  The sentiment stamp is from Verve which I also stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink.  The border is My Favorite Things Notched Border die.  Because the bottom of the image didn't extend all the way to the edges of the card, I used a Tsukinkeko fantastix brush point coloring tool (it has a pointed sponge tip) to draw out the edges with some more Versafine ink.

Looks like rain is on the horizon today, so I think I'll be crafting for most of the day.  Hope your day is going well and the weather is behaving itself!

7 comments:

  1. This is ideal for a father's day card. I love that image and your papers are fabulous. Nice work with your drawing. Some Dad will be very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee Mae, This is gorgeous... seriously gorgeous. I love how all of these elements came together. And, your placement of the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really awesome! I love that silhouette stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is stunning! I love the silhouette and everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I had to click the link above to see the flip side of those great papers! I like this side equally! Another great father's day card! Love the silhouette image along with that chunky border!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great image, Lee Mae! I love the shadow look with those papers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!