Sunday, March 2, 2014

OWH Sketch Challenge 214

I'm totally in love with this week's OWH Sketch Challenge 214.  I have been struggling around trying to think up an idea to use those awesome papers that feature a sampler of the patterns contained in a paper pad.  I've made some similar cards to this layout, but it just never occurred to me to use the sampler pages.  Well, now I have an awesome sketch plus a visual reminder in my OWH sketchbook to help me use up these papers!  I also really love the wide crossstrip shown in the sketch.  I decided to use a banner and a heart in that space instead of a ribbon.

I look forward to making bunches of cards using this sketch because I briefly checked my 6x6 pad hoard, and most of them have this type of paper.  Yay!  (Because cutting and straight are not exactly my strong point - so nice to have it already done!)

Papers are from DCWV Naturals mat pad, Hero Arts sentiment stamp, Spellbinders and MFT Fishtail Banner dies.

7 comments:

  1. Great use of the sampler page. Love those hues of browns and your heart goes great with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, so love the browns and the great variety of prints and scales. So cool that they already came printed on one sheet, how cool is that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these browns!! Such a great idea to use the sampler page!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is great! Love the rich browns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use the sampler page. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the sampler page idea! I love the warmth of this card with the browns. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card, this one is really great and I really like the browns. I've gone through two 6x6 pads over the weekend with this sketch too. I hope Sandy doesn't get tired of it. LOL. Nice tip on the sampler page too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!