Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Cards in Envy Challenge - Think Green!

I'm pretty faithful in checking out sketch and design challenge blogs, but I rarely get cards done for them in a timely manner. I'm usually in the midst of some other set of cards (I get crazy sometimes and make three different card designs at once), so it's really fun to be able to enter my card into the current challenge at Cards in Envy - Think Green!  I've been making quite a few Mother's Day cards and I made a dismaying discovery that they were all primarily pink or red and floral. The Think Green! challenge gave me some direction in finding another type of color palette to use. I dug around in my stash and found this background paper in My Mind's Eye paper pad On the Bright Side. Not only was it green, but no flowers!  Yay!   I used Hero Arts Shadow Ink Soft Olive to stamp the Verve image, Abundant Blessings, and the sentiment (Hampton Arts, I think).  My layout is Mojo Monday sketch 270. I used a Spellbinders scalloped edge die and the circle dies are from Spellbinders and Lifestyle Crafts.

I'm really please with how this card turned out - in fact the paper pad has the same paper only in orange, so I'm thinking about recreating this card in that color too.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  It's sunny outside, so I think I'll get some sun before I get back to my craft table.

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card and I love the shade of green you went with. Sorry I've been behind on viewing and commenting. Wishing you a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice card, I love the big white scallop. Thanks for playing along with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card for our Think Green Challenge! I love the sentiment and the different layers! Thanks for sharing at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee Mae... I love your "green" Mom card. thanks for sharing ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty card!!! LOVE the paper!!! sooo much for playing along with Cards in Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Your card has been chosen by our Designers as one of our In the Mailbox cards. Email cardenvydt@gmail.com with Mailbox Green as your subject to receive your badge! Please note, my computer that has the badges saved is in the shop! So it may be a few days before I can get the badges to you. Thanks! ~Sandy, CIE Host

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!