Sunday, February 16, 2014

OWH Sketch Challenge 212

This week's sketch gave me a chance to use some patterned paper from BoBunny (The Avenues) I just purchased yesterday at my local scrapbooking store.  Even though I am becoming a real convert to the 6x6 paper pads, a big 12x12 sheet of patterned cardstock can definitely turn my head!  Despite the clock patterns being relatively large, I know from experience, that as long as the images are placed tightly together, it should work just fine on a card.  A trick that can be used (from my relatively short-lived quilting days) is to get a piece of clear flexible plastic sheeting (JoAnn's in the quilting isle - clear and some with grids even) and cut it to the size of an A2 card front.  Lightweight, easy to carry with you to the store.  It can be placed over patterned paper to double-check if the pattern is too big or not. Quilters use this trick to see if fabrics will work for their quilt blocks, so why not cards too?

Other supplies used on my card are a banner die from Verve, sentiment stamp from Hero Arts, and the bottom piece of carstock is from Basic Grey's Little Black Dress.

Well, it's raining here with bouts of high wind, so I'm off to finish more cards before we lose power. Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for that tip about checking sizes of patterned paper designs.
    I just love that sentiment you chose to use with the clocks background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the contrast between your banners, strip, and the patterned paper. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee Mae, I love this card. The colors are nice and soft. Thanks so much for that idea of carrying the transparent sheet with us. Good to know. Hope yo don't lose your power. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Enjoy the upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great little trick about dsp images! TFS! This card is such a great way to tell someone you miss them! The clocks and the sentiment coordinate perfectly together! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great card! I love the colors, so in for quilts too! As a quilter too, I've applied lots of quilt teachings to cards as well. Thanks for sharing the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card. And thanks for the tip....I have lot of 12x12 papers but turn to my 6x6 most of the time...now I pl to re-look at my other papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your paper with all the clocks on it and the black banner really stands out!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great interpretation of the sket Lee Mae. I thought you’d like to know your project has been chosen to be showcased as my weekly fav on my Feature Friday post today! Thank you for being a follower of all things beautiful. Take care and enjoy your weekend. Amy A.
    http://alllthingsbeautiful.blogspot.com/2014/02/feature-friday-22114.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a quilter I was not aware of that trick, brilliantly simple. It is nice to see a more lively clock paper. Tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!