Thursday, February 13, 2014

OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge - Punny Cards

OK, I went a little overboard with the Punny Card Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps.  I just love the new Hero Arts OWH Fundraising set Missing You, and since  I had three different ideas about using the set, I made all three for the challenge.

My first card uses the sheep colored with Copics.   It's a CASE of a card from here. The hills are made with a MFT Snowdrifts die and the clouds are dies from Memory Box called Mini Clouds.  The little red heart is from a Martha Stewart punch.  Pattern papers are from My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side.  I also used Glossy Accents on their eyes.  I have to say, that after seeing the photo of this card, those clouds are going to have to straighten up!  They look a little wonky at an angle.

Love this moose!  I used My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch 160 (MFTWSC160) for my layout.  The plaid paper is from g.c.d Studios (a fab find at Tuesday Morning!) and some beige check from ProvoCraft (really old!).  For dies, I used Spellbinders circles, MFT Fishtail Banners, and a Spellbinders heart.  Glossy Accents are on his eyes and I colored him with Copics.

For my third card, I used the owl (also colored with Copics).  I perched him on a sign die from QuicKutz.  The grass is cut with a Fiskars border punch and the clouds are dies from Impression Obsession.  I'm not too happy with the clouds - I tried a sun, but it was a bit too big.  I may try a full moon partially off the page and see how that works out.

Well, that's it for the Throwdown Challenge.  I spent most of today cleaning up my craft room after virtually destroying it!

Thanks for visiting, comments are always welcome!

3 comments:

  1. Love all these cards. Hey clouds are meant to be wonky. I think they work great. I like how you perched that owl over the sign and all the mix of papers on the moose card blend so well together. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 punny cards, that I enjoyed and others will enjoy as well! I love those adorable images and sentiments and your choice of papers is awesome for each card! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 3 punny cards!! Each one of them is great!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!