Thursday, February 20, 2014

OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge - Let Your LIght Shine

I made two cards using the same sentiment from Taylored Expressions, Happy Heart, for Operation Write Home's Midweek Throwdown Challenge - Let Your Light Shine.

My first card uses a sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping, FTL251.  I have been wanting to use this sketch forever!  Papers are from Crate Paper, Farmhouse Collection, dies used are MFT Fishtail Banners die, QuicKutz sun, and Stampin' Up! Edgelits Adorning Accents.

I had to use this stamp for a chalkboard technique card as well.  Papers are all from Basic Grey Olivia except for the chalkboard black paper.  That is from Basic Grey's Sugar Rush line.  I just noticed it looks like an already distressed chalkboard, so I've had it on my list of gotta tries and today I did!  Dies are Spellbinders Ovals and Hearts; I used the Edgelits Adorning Accents die from Stampin' Up for the border of the crosspiece and OWH sketch 161 for my layout.

Loved this week's challenge, it made me stop my chicks, ducks, and bunnies marathon and focus on something else!  Hope your day is going well, and thank you for visiting my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Both cards are great, but I really like the second one best!! I love your color choices and stamping the sentiment in white on chalkboard paper makes it really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like both of these too. The first one is so sunny and bright, it will definitely bring light into someone's life. And the 2nd one reminds me I've been wanting to try that chalk board technique too. Can't wait. Thanks for sharing your cards.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!