Wednesday, February 26, 2014

OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge - Color Challenge

The OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge is a Color Challenge.  We are to incorporate teal or turquoise in our cards.    I chose to use some teal Authentique diamond paper which I've been struggling to pair with some other color.  Today during the clean up of my crafting area that always follows mailing a box of cards to Sandy, I noticed that I had some Bo Bunny ledger paper that was the same color as the Authentique, so I knew I had my course set.  The clock is stamped on some K&Company tone on tone paper, the stamps are from Hero Arts OWH fundraiser set, All the Time, and I used OWH sketch 211 for the layout.

I may come back tomorrow after taking another photo and swap this one out because my camera decided to pop up the flash and it washed out the depth of color these papers have.  I wanted to get this card posted, so right now, a bit of a washed out, PSE color-corrected photo will have to do.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

6 comments:

  1. It doesn't really look washed out to me at all! Those bright colors and patterns shine through beautifully! I love the paper you stamped the clock image on - it adds just a touch of a vintage feel! I sealed up my next OWH box for shipping today too, but I haven't cleaned up my area yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card,if it's washed out, I bet the true color is just fabulous! Great pairing of different dp companies, just like my clothing wardrobe, I'm drawn to colors that seem to be "in" just so I can combine from pad to pad! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card! The papers work wonderfully together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it looks washed out at all! Very nice masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love that harlequin DP. Goes perfect with the notebook paper on top. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great paper choices. I really love the sentiment stamped on the notebook paper. This sketch works perfectly with that stamp set. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!