Friday, January 31, 2014

OWH Sketch Challenge 209

Finally got my sketch challenge card done!  I made this card for Operation Write Home's Sketch Challenge 209.  The digi is from Bugaboo Stamps colored with Copics.  Star paper is from Recollections, sentiment stamp is unknown.  Also used:   MFT Fishtail banner dies, Spellbinders circle and star dies, and Candi dots.  The red dot was a white Candi dot which I colored with a red Copic. Another thing I do for the Candi dots is to use a regular hole punch (the one for punching binder paper sized holes) and punch out circles from 3M foam tape (the Precious).  I like these better than using the adhesive dots made for the Candis.  Also, the leftover bit of the Precious can still be used as backing behind any future items.  Even though the foam has holes punched in it, enough structural strength remains to work just fine.  No waste!

Hope you enjoyed my card.  Can't wait to see the upcoming sketch on Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Great idea in using punched holes from adhesive for the candi dots. I've got to try that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I especially like that it's a boy card, which are hard to find. I have a book due next week and a new website launching so haven't even looked at sketches for weeks, but this is darling and I LOVE the idea punching 3M foam for Candies. I end up wasting a lot of the ones made for Candies for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, love that Mohawk haircut. You are rockin the coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!