Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Card for Two Challenges

Today's Midweek Throwdown at Operation Write Home's Stars & Stamps Blog is Valentines Cards. Also today, Tiddly Inks is having a great sale, so I was going through my digis to make sure I didn't purchase a duplicate, and decided to make a Valentine card with this cute image already in my files. Wednesday is also the day for a new sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers, so I decided to use their new sketch 465 for my card.  I already knew what papers I was going to use since I had a 6x6 pad from American Crafts (XOXO) just waiting to be used.  The hardest part was coloring with my Copics since I'm still relatively new to them.  Coloring the hair was quite an experience!  I hope I've done her justice.  I used MFT Fishtail Banner dies and a sentiment stamp from PaperTrey Ink to finish off my card.

Well, that's it for me today.  One of my dogs is crying for her supper, so I better get her fed!

4 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job coloring her--the hair looks great! Your papers and the layout are perfect with this image! I love it when you find a hidden treasure- the image is sooo sweet!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, she's such a cutie and I love the way you colored her to match the papers! That tiny hedgie is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a darling image and yes, you did her justice. Your coloring is great. The image always pops more when you outline it like you did. The papers are so fun and really scream "love". Wonderful card, Lee Mae.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet card. The sketch, papers and image used are great. Your Copic coloring looks very good to me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!