Friday, November 22, 2013

OWH November Design Bootcamp - How Does it Feel

November's OWH Design Bootcamp, How Does it Feel (Using Texture to Add Interest) is one I really enjoyed.  I made a similar card like this last year, and decided to make some this year as well after seeing this month's Bootcamp lesson.  To add texture to my card, I embossed a panel with a hearts embossing folder.  The penguin is popped up so that it can be felt, and the ends of the sentiment panel are cut to add just a bit more "feel."  I think these details make a card fun to look at as well as to touch.
  • Penguin from Bugaboo Stamps colored with Copics.  The upper half is popped up with foam tape.
  • Sentiment stamp from Hero Arts
  • My Favorite Things Fishtail Banner dies
  • Sizzix embossing folder Hearts
  • Snowflake paper off the rack at JoAnn's (I cut off the manufacturer's info!)
I really enjoy our Bootcamp lessons, and what I've learned has really increased my confidence as a cardmaker!  Thanks, Paula, for making learning so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how cute this littel guy is! Great too the way you tied in the snow in the print and the love sentiment into the embossed hearts. I totally agree that a few details can add so much to the way a card is perceived. I'm glad you've enjoyed the Bootcamps Lee Mae. Thanks for letting me use so many of your great cards as examples this year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!