Thursday, November 14, 2013

OWH Midweek Throwdown - Dry Embossing

This is another card I am basing the layout on from a card I saw on the Web.  I've altered it a bit, but it remains very similar to the one I saw while cruising around with my Tablet.  I didn't save the link, however, and because of that, I've made myself a bookmark folder for CASE cards so I can go back to them!  I made this card on Sunday, but it definitely was lacking in something and after seeing this week's OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge to use dry embossing, I knew exactly what was needed. Once I dry embossed the background panel, everything came together.
  • Cuttlebug Love Language die plate
  • Spellbinders heart dies
  • Echo Park Grandfather's Tool Shed plaid paper
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder Distressed Stripe
Thanks for visiting my blog today!  

4 comments:

  1. Those bold letters look awesome with those panels of embossing and dsp! The red hearts are the perfect addition and I love where you placed them! I need to CAS this one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card for either gender. I love that plaid and the way you lines up your hearts. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Lee Mae. I really like your choice of plaid... Great design for a not too frilly love theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sketch and the cool retro green plaid! The embossing added that extra umphh!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!