Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Couple of Cards from Hero Arts Missing You Set

I should be making Valentines for Operation Write Home right now, but I just got my new Hero Arts OWH Fundraiser stamps from Simon Says, and just couldn't resist making some cards!  The stamps used on these two cards are from the set Missing You.  My first card uses paper from We R Memory Keepers Happy Campers line with some coordinating cardstock embossed with  Cuttlebug's  Distressed Stripes embossing folder.
This little bird just cracked me up, and I used the same general layout as my first card, except I mounted the image panel on the lower third.  My duplicates will have the panel a bit lower, I think, to really get it in the bottom third better (Rule of Thirds!  Yay Bootcamp lessons!).  The dotted paper is from Moxie Very Merry Unbirthday and the stripe is from Darice.  The circle is cut from Spellbinders circle dies. I stamped the bird on the white circle and then on another piece of cardstock and cut him out and glued him over top so he'd have a bit more dimension.  The eyes have Glossy Accents (not in the photo though, that came after!).

I love the new sets - easy to color and really fun to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!