Saturday, October 26, 2013

OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge - Color Challenge Pink and Green

The Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps is a color challenge. We are challenged to make a love/Valentine card using the colors pink and green.  I just received some new stamps, so I decided to try out one of them.  The background stamp is also from Penny Black and it's stamped with Momento Pear Tart ink onto some Astroparche green cardstock.  My camera picked up a stronger image of the background than what it appears in real life - it's not that bright nor as dominant as it appears in this photo.

  • Penny Black Delicate Florals and Letter background stamps
  • Stampabilities sentiment stamp
  • Wausau green Astroparche cardstock
  • Bazzil Vinatage Pink cardstock
  • Recollections green cardstock
  • Copics
  • Memento Pear Tart and Tuxedo Black dye inks

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card! You did a great job using the colors. I really like the font on the sentiment too. P.S. I have five dogs but they sure don't sleep quietly while I make cards. I usually set up near the back door so I can easily take care of the steady stream of in and out demands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, an old fashioned love,TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee Mae I find this card to be stunning. I love the background as much as the beautiful flowers. The font on the sentiment is delightful. Atotal winner. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The image you used is oh so pretty and colored beautifully!! I love that script background with the "I Love You" sentiment done in a darker shade of green! The pink panel on the side balances everything perfectly! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out beautifully Lee Mae. I like the green tone-on-tone of the script background and the coloring on your flowers is wonderful. You did a terrific job with your shading. They have great dimension. Thanks for visiting me and your kind words and good wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!