Thursday, October 17, 2013

OWH Bootcamp - All Things Being Equal and a CASE

This month's OWH Design Bootcamp All Things Being Equal is a fabulous lesson on balance in design.  I chose to make a card that is asymmetrical.  It is strongly weighted to the bottom and the right side of the card.  Even the stripes draw the eye down and the tips of the hearts point to the sentiment below.

My card is a CASE from a blogger named Angela and her blog is called From the Tool Shed.  The card I CASED is here.  I love to visit her blog whenever my MOJO is low.  I love her style and her cards always help me get ideas.  This time, almost a straight copy!
  • Card design from Angela @ From the Tool Shed
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamp
  • EK Success border punch
  • Papers from Darice (JoAnn's); dot paper for small heart is from DCWV
  • Momento Rich Cocoa dye ink
  • Spellbinders hearts dies
Two more cards using other papers from the same paper pack from JoAnn's.  The first card has a bit of Basic Grey paper for the small heart.




I really learned a lot from this month's Bootcamp.  I've missed a couple of past month's lessons and I need to re-read them and try out the lessons.  The great thing about OWH Bootcamp is that it's always open and we can go anytime!  

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Lee Me, I love all of these cards. It's sometimes not easy to send a good male card that states love but you nailed it with these. The papers are all perfect. I think I'm going to head out to JoAnn's to see if I can find that same pack. Love the dotting along the solid papers. First Place Winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on these Lee Mae. This is a great design for those oh so hard to create masculine love cards. Thanks for joining in on the October Bootcamp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. handsome cards.. I love the pin stripe

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!