Friday, October 11, 2013

Masculine Missing You

I've become a Stampin' Up! Fanatic.  I think I just bought about half the catalog last week.  This is what comes from following Stampin' Up on Pinterest and checking the galleries at Splitcoast Stampers.  My Stampin' Up! rep had a fabulous deal for her customers, and once I took full advantage of her discount offers, I now have a bunch of fabulous stamps to play with.  I love how easy they are to color since a lot of shading is already done with the stamp itself.  For this card, I made the quail a California quail since they have a decided blue cast to their feathers.  He's not colored exactly the way he should be, but since the image was so small, three colors (blue, gray, and brown) just didn't work, so I stuck with blue/gray, B95, and brown, E44, Copics and blended them with a light gray,W3.  The blue houndstooth paper is from October Afternoon's  9 to 5 paper pad and the yellow is from MME's Blue Floral paper pad; sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts; sketch is Freshly Made Sketches #103.

I love how this turned out and I have some other MME blue papers already picked out for more cards for a future OWH box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!