Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Floral Love

This card came about because I have been going through some of the paper stacks I've acquired and debating with myself about keeping them.  I purchased the DCWV stack based on some of the papers it had and the floral paper for this card is one of them.  I've decided to simply donate any of the papers I am not attracted to and make an effort to use up at least one (or two) of the sheets from the stack every week and see how it goes.
  • Splitcoast Stampers sketch 395
  • Spellbinders dies
  • DCWV paper and white core cardstock
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder
  • Stampin' Up! Flower Shop and Pansy punch; Secret Garden Sizzix Framelit die for leaves
  • Fiskars sentiment stamp
  • Brushed Corduroy distress stain
While making my first card, I started thinking about all of the flowers I never use.  More stuff!  Either I use it or I need to donate it.  So this card came about and it's doubly gratifying because I have actually bought MORE paper, and a paper pad at that.  Micheal's had 12x12 paper pads from Crate Paper for $5 each. I was really taken with this floral print knowing that, while it was large, it would still suite a card.  I played around with a bunch of sketches and wasn't pleased with how they looked, so I finally decided to just do a two-thirds/one-third split and I liked how it looked.   
  • Papers from Crate Paper Farmhouse
  • Recollections flower
  • Candi dot for flower center (I still attached the flower with a brad and I glued down all the petals since the flower is made with paper.)
  • Spellbinders Labels large die for the sentiment
  • Hampton Art sentiment stamp
Some other good things that came about were I had twelve flowers and with two sheets of the floral print I was able to make twelve of these for my next OWH box.  The other thing was the cardstock I used for the background frame was accumulating as well and it just made the card "pop." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!