Monday, September 2, 2013

Operation Write Home Labor Day Virtual Card Making Party

I wasn't able to participate in Operation Write Home's Labor Day Virtual Card Making Party (VCMP) this weekend, but the party is continuing throughout the week, so there is still time to play!  I was able to get a peek at the challenges yesterday evening, so I have some cards made, though I don't have them done in order.

VCMP#1 Challenge:  Card Sketch from Nancy's blog Scrap Happens!
My photo is at a weird angle so the embossing shows up!  Love this sketch - I know I will use it often. Paper is by DCWV Naturals stack and the sentiment is from Technique Tuesday heat embossed in bronze embossing powder.

VMCP #2 Challenge:  Homage to OWH from Diane's blog All I Need is Paper and Ink...& Stamps & Copics.  We are to make a card that has elements from OWH.  My card uses:
O = oval die cut and outer space
W = wings and warm grey Copic (W5) for shading the red since I don't have a dark, dark red Copic
H = hearts and hand-colored
Rocket digi from Doodle Dragon Studios colored with Copics and popped with foam tape, Lifestyle Crafts oval die, Cuttlebug embossing folder Spots and Dots (I added Momento Cantelope dye ink to the folder before embossing), Verve sentiment, My Favorite Things Fishtail Banner dies, Star paper from BoBunny.

VCMP #5 Challenge:  Masking Tape Background Technique from Donna's blog Donna Inks.  I didn't adhere my tape to a block.  I just tore off some strips of painter's tape and laid them onto my ink pad and then pressed the tape onto my cardstock.  I did it twice per color to give a bit more coverage.
Image stamp from Inkadinkadoo, Hero Arts sentiment stamp, Memento dye inks London Fog, Rich Cocoa, and Desert Sand.

VCMP #6 Challenge:  Tic Tac Toe Kid Card from Sybrina's blog Scrapping with Purpose.  I just re-read the challenge and realize I goofed up!  I wrote down tic-tac-toe last night not realizing I was supposed to go in straight lines up and down or diagonally!  Ack!!  I skipped around the board instead. I chose Embossing, Coloring, and Die as my options.
Digi from Sassy Cheryl colored with Copics, Recollections stripe paper, Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder, Lil' Inkers Stitched Pennant die, Hero Arts sentiment stamp.

VCMP #7 Challenge:  Fall Themed card - any theme except Thanksgiving from Marilyn's blog Blessed Creativity.  I loved this challenge because I have some beautiful Basic Grey paper that was just waiting to be used!
Basic Grey papers, Viva La Verve Sketch VLVAug13Week4Sketch, Stampendous sentiment stamp.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lee Mae! I love what you done with all of these. The first makes such a great masculine card. The foil bits add such a classy element and I'm really liking the sentiment placed the way you have it too.

    I didn't do the masking tape challenge (the thought have having to get the adhesive off my block stopped me, lol) but LOVE how yours came out and may have to try it using your method instead.

    Great work, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee Mae,

    For someone who came late to the party, you've certainly made up for lost time. These are fabulous cards!

    Naturally I'm partial to the kiddie card. It is so fun and colorful! But, I also really like all the cards. I especially like the way you placed the sentiment closer to the squares on Nancy's card. And, your masking tape card came out great. (BTW I used the same approach!)

    Your cards are sure to bring HUGE smiles to their recipients' faces! Thanks for all you do for OWH, including playing along this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee Mae- I have always heard that fashionable people come late to parties- and you truly kept the party going! FABULOUS cards! I have the DCWV paper and you used it perfectly in Nancy's sketch-great inspiration. And my favorite thing about your OWH card- is that you mentioned handcoloring for the H-- this is so perfect! And another H is the heart that goes into making such wonderful cards! I did the same thing with the inky/tape challenge! I checked out a tutorial on splitcoast stampers and I was pleased with the technique!! Thanks for joining my challenge and supporting OWH and our troops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lee Mae, I linked your masking tape card to the VCMP wrap up post at Operation Write Home. I love the masculine look and also the way you just put the tape on the stamp pad. It wasn't easy to choose just one card - there must be over 600 cards, and the party still runs for several more days! I love all your cards and your style. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of your cards! Love the colors and stamp set you chose for the Masking Tape card. Thank you for playing along with my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking my Fall challenge. It is a great Thank You card with such beautiful paper. Your layering is awesome, which I really appreciate. I too love your masking tape card. I need to get some painters tape so I can use this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!