Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Continuing the Party!

I was so impressed by all of the challenges from Operation Write Home's Labor Day Virtual Card Making Party that I decided to complete them all even though I hadn't been able to join in during the Labor Day weekend.  The Party is extended until September 8th, so there is still plenty of time to join in!   Yesterday I posted the cards I got done for some of the challenges, and today's post shows the rest of my cards that I was able to get done (thanks to the rainy day we had here).

VCMP Challenge #3:  Triple Die Cutting Technique Challenge from Seongsook's blog Seongsook's Creations.  Seonsook came up with a fabulous idea to use patterned paper and dies to replicate the triple time stamping technique.  I really enjoyed her great idea and found this technique to be a quick, easy way to make some great looking cards.
Paper by Provo Craft, Spellbinders Large and Small Rectangle dies, Hero Arts sentiment stamp, My Favorite Things Fishtail Banner dies.

VCMP Challenge #4:  Use OWH Sketch 29 to make a love card from Annette's blog by Annette.  Sketch 29 is a favorite of mine, so I got out my stamps and Copics and got busy!
Basic Grey Out of Print papers, Hero Arts floral stamp, Verve sentiment stamp, Copics.

OWH Sketch Challenge 188:  Also included in this weekend's party was Operation Write Home's Sketch Challenge 188 found on their Stars & Stamps blog.  We have another winning sketch this week, and Seongsook's  beautiful card is a fabulous inspiration.  I didn't stray very far from the sketch, however, I have some ideas for the future, because I know I will be using this sketch often!
My Mind's Eye papers, Hero Arts sentiment stamp, Spellbinders Classic Hearts die, My Favorite Things Fishtail Banner dies.

VCMP Challenge #8:  The Un-BEElievable Challenge from Thia's blog Blue Moon Creation asked us to use bees on our cards along with a bee-themed punny sentiment.  How fun is that!  I had a terrific time making my card!
Digi from Doodle Dragon Studios colored with Copics, Create with TLC digi sentiment, OWH sketch 161, Spellbinders Oval dies, papers from my stash.  I cut the flower head and layered on top.

VCMP Challenge #9:  Use a negative of a die or punch from Jacque's blog Indiana Inking.  I just couldn't resist Jacque's challenge since I love to make cards featuring a die cut window.  I like to pair it with a white embossed top layer.  I usually leave these cards without a sentiment so they can be used for various occasions.
Pre-colored digi from Daisy Co.'s Poppies collection, Craft Concepts Budding Vine embossing folder, Spellbinders Oval dies.

That completes my collection of cards for this year's OWH Labor Day Virtual Card Making Party!   I thoroughly enjoyed each challenge and I hope to have some time this week to check out all of the fabulous entries from each challenge.

5 comments:

  1. All of your cards are beautiful and if I had to pick a favorite it would be the triple die cutting technique card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along with my Love card challenge! Pretty!
    Really like the papers and stamp you used! Great job coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fabulous collection of cards! Looks like you have a store full of choices! Your attention to detail is wonderful. Really love that cute !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards Lee Mae! My favorite is your love card. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your VCMP cards are outstanding! I cannot pick a fave, however the #3, #2 & #6 challenge cards are my top threes. I am glad I am not the only one who sometimes misread the details! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!