Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Major CASE

Dustin Pike had a Share and Tell posting showcasing a card made by Design Team Member Gramma. (Her blog post is here.)  I'm trying to be better with my Copics as far as shading goes, but I have the feeling I'm a paint by numbers person because I have a tough time keeping track of where the shadows fall.  I thought I'd CASE Gramma's coloring to see if that would help me get a better feel for it.  I think it helped me since I tried to really think about where the shadows were and why they were there.  I made four of these to keep practicing the concept.
  • OWH sketch 18
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamp
  • Spellbinders Labels One dies
  • Sizzix embossing folder
  • Plaid paper from my stash

1 comment:

  1. I think studying other people's coloring is a great way to learn Lee Mae. The shadows on this cute lil' guy look quite good to me. I can also say that practice really does make a huge difference for me. I find if I go a long time between my 'coloring fits' the first few pieces I do look like 'warm ups'. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!