Monday, July 8, 2013

OWH Sketch Challenge 180

Clean and Simple version in honor of the fabulous drawing that inspired this week's Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge 180.
Rubber Stampede Solidago Sprig colored with Momentos markers and stamped on watercolor paper.  Flourishes sentiment stamp using Momentos Tuxedo Black dye ink.

Same stamps and use of watercolor paper for the image, but made with more layers.
Rubber Stampede Solidago Sprig colored with Momentos markers and stamped on watercolor paper.  Flourishes sentiment stamp using Momentos Tuxedo Black dye ink, Basic Grey paper Marjolaine-profiteroles

And since I was at it, I tried a monochromatic scheme too.
Rubber Stampede Solidago Sprig stamped with Momentos Potter's Clay dye ink on watercolor paper.  Flourishes sentiment stamp (also stamped with Momentos Potter's Clay dye ink), and ancient Provo Craft mat stack paper from my stash.

Another excellent sketch from a great source of inspiration!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm envious that I didn't think of this! Sometimes I latch onto a sketch & treat it too literally! They're all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great way to interpret the sketch...I would never have thought to use the sentiment alone as the two boxes...thank you for an inspiration I think I will use. I love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flowers as the striped element!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each of these cards are beautiful. I love the shades of green you used for your second card, but the other two are equally pretty. I also liked that you went with just a 2 line sentiment in place of the rectangles. Great out of the box thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, so cool your interpretation of the two boxes! I really love how each card got progressively more involved, shows us all how the little extras add to make fantastic cards! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with Cheryl. I think the middle card is my fave. Way to rock the first one as well. You have given us all something to think about! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this card, it is clean and simple, and yet, very cute. You did a good job.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!