Friday, July 12, 2013

July Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge - Stitching

The July Challenge from Our Daily Bread Designs over at the Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps blog is to use stitching on our cards.  It can be real or faux stitching.  Our Daily Bread Designs is continuing their wonderful support for OWH by sponsoring these challenges.  The shipping costs for one large flat rate box is donated for every 25 cards we enter into their challenge.  If we have 50 cards entered, the shipping costs for two large flat rate boxes gets donated to us.  Thank you Our Daily Bread Designs!

For this month's challenge, I made a thank you card using faux stitching.  I also did some actual stitching to finish the twine bow's center since I didn't want a big knot there.  I used some Sew Easy thread and a heavy-duty needle to place a stitch through the center of the two pieces of twine, then came back up and over to make the center.  To soften everything up a bit, I pounded the center a bit with my eyelet hammer.  (I also soften the twine before I use it by running a bone folder down the length of it.  It flattens it out plus makes it soft so there is less bulk.

Supplies used:
  • Sizzix star die
  • Button die (MFT or Memory Box)
  • My Minds Eye Summer Splash paper
  • My Favorite Things Notched border die
  • Papertrey Ink sentiment stamp
  • Sew Easy Fancy Floss - Baker's Twine
  • White gel pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!