Monday, June 24, 2013

OWH Design Bootcamp - Let Me Repeat - and OWH Sketch Challenge 178

I decided to use this week's OWH Sketch Challenge 178 to make some cards using the design principles from this month's OWH Bootcamp Let Me Repeat (Using Repetition in Design).

Card #1 uses repeating pattern papers and colors.
  • Rubber Stampede Daisy Stem stamp colored with Momento Markers before stamping
  • Candi Dots
  • Fiskars sentiment stamp
  • Recollections papers
  • My Favorite Things Fishtail Banner die
Card #2 uses repeating colors and shapes.  The stripe paper is mirrored in the lines of the flowers, the yellow dots are repeated by the little yellow flowers, and I think the swirl pattern in the green paper mimics the swirl look to the floral digi and sentiment.
  • Digi from Digital 2 for Tuesday colored with Copics
  • Computer generated sentiment using SF Infinity Bold font
  • DoveCraft Garden Party papers
  • My Favorite Things Fishtail Banner die
  • Candi Dots
Card #3 uses repeating colors and shapes.  
  • Hampton Arts/Studio g sentiment stamp colored with Mementos markers before stamping
  • Penny Black Salutations flowers stamped with coordinating Mementos dye inks
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder Herringbone
  • DCWV stripe paper
  • MFT Fishtail Banner die
Thanks for visiting my blog and seeing the cards I made using this week's sketch and this month's bootcamp principles.    

12 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous group of cards Lee Mae! Great use of the sketch and each and every one is a nice example of the principle of both repetition and variation among others like creating a strong focal point. Thanks so much for letting me poach your blog for class samples too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are spectacular. I love how you used my image. Thanks for giving a shout out to Digital Two for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness these are super great cards...the first one suspiciously looks like the one I am working on...hmmm we both like flowers... :)
    very great cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful cards, Lee Mae. Each one is so different and interesting with your choice of papers and layering. You really knocked it out of the park with these ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Nice job Lee Mae! The first one is great with all the polka dots (my favorite!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards. Love the design and details of each one. The 2nd one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've been busy! Great choice of dp and focal points! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must have received an A+++ for this bootcamp because all o these cards are just lovely: papers and colors match, coloring is perfect, embellishment are just so. what a great job of this batch of beautiful card, Lee Mae. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wat to go...while they all are nice...the first is my fave! I think it is the pop of the black banner that really stands out! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic cards. Each one is so pretty but I'm in love with polka dots so that"s my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cards! I love your choices of patterned papers and great idea to tie the designs in with the latest Bootcamp principles. My favorite is the polka dot card. The black matting makes such a bold contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, the sweet comment you left for me yesterday just lifted my day to a whole new level! Thanks so much and (hugs)!!!

    I just love the ease with which you can put a card together and come up with great looks each time! I'm loving the polka dots w/pretty matching flower on the first, along with the more delicate feel of the 2nd card. The third is colorful, cheery and a great way to say thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!