Sunday, May 5, 2013

OWH Rebel VCMP Challenge 6 - Make an Any Hero Card from a Photo We Took

Julie at Handmade by Julie is sponsoring Challenge 6 of Operation Write Home's Rebel Virtual Cardmaking Party.  Julie challenged us to make an Any Hero Card using a photo we took ourselves.  I have been wanting to make a card out of this picture of my dog, Roxie, for eons.  When she was younger, she used to get under the covers of our bed and sleep the morning away.  One morning, she must have gotten too warm because there she was - her head on my pillow.  She looked so cute I snapped a picture of her.  She's too old to get on our bed now, though.  My poor little girl has dementia and follows me around.  She howls when she gets confused and  I tell her she's singing.  Mostly she's a happy girl and in a good mood.  (I won't put those last parts about her being old in my letter to a Hero though.)

I also want to add that the whole card front is a template from a 4x6 inch bragbook set from Misty Cato at The Sweet Shoppe.  These templates are a lot of fun to work with.  If you use PSE, any digital papers can just be dropped onto the workspace and merged onto a shape the designer has made.  It makes creating a mini photo album very easy and fun.  Since I couldn't come up with papers right away, I reverted to my digital scrapbooking skills and made this one card.  For more cards, though, I will dig through my stash and just print out her picture.

Last note:  Both digital kits I used are copyrighted and the designers OK personal use for projects other than scrapbooking.
  • Digital template from Misty Cato at The Sweet Shoppe Brag Book Templates 2 
  • Digital papers from Kimberly Stewart at Scrapbook Elements All American Kids
  • Sentiment created with font Augusta ES

2 comments:

  1. Aw, what a cute pic! She looks all snuggly. I'm sure one of our heroes will love receiving it! Thanks for playing along with my OWH VCMP challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is the sweetest, most precious card with that adorable picture! Considering her condition now, it's such a blessing that you captured this snuggly moment in time! I love the blue plaid, and especially the perfect sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!