Tuesday, May 28, 2013

OWH May Bootcamp - Variety is the Spice of Life

May's Operation Write Home Bootcamp Variety is the Spice of Life (Using Variation to Add Interest) was a wonderful discussion of ways to add interest to our cards.  When I first started making cards, I would literally say to myself, "What would Sandy do?" because her cards always featured nice little touches to them.  I still have a strong tendency to finish a card and then realize I should have made a scalloped border here or added a brad there.  Paula's tutorial works as a great reminder to me to made sure I spice up my cards!

These are really the same two cards, but I have a weird need to post them both!  I made six of these from a 6x6 pad from Authentique.
  • OWH sketch 115
  • Paper from Authentique 6x6 pad Original
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamp from our most recent fundraiser set (LP278)
  • Basic Grey Little Black Dress paper for the sentiment panel
  • Versafine Onyx Black ink
I also had to try my hand at another card with more vibrant colors.  I only made one of these.
  • Papers from Making Memories
I'm adding my fourth card to this post because I started out using the star paper (on the smaller panel), but it just looked like a kid design - which makes sense because the 6x6 pad is geared for boys!  I made two of these because I only had two pieces for the background panel.
  • Digi from Bugaboo Stamps colored with Copics
  • Digi sentiment from Doodle Pantry
  • Paper from My Minds Eye 6x6 pad Boy Crazy

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see all of these using the same sketch together Lee Mae. It really demonstrates how changing colors, papers and/or a few elements can change the final look of a card and these all came out nicely. I have to say that cute cowboy is my favorite... I have a weakness for Western themes and I just love the combination of the 'muted' tan star background with the brighter stars and the bold pop of red the ribbon give it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!