Wednesday, April 10, 2013

OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge - Favorite Color Combination

This week's Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home is a color challenge.  We are challenged to use a favorite color combination and share why. Since I have a very long list of favorite combinations and simply love color, I decided to just go with one of my favorites which is purple and green.  I think it has a sentimental hold on me because back in ancient times (the early 1970's!) doing your own tie-die shirts was very popular.  I took a light green t-shirt and a box of purple Ritt dye plus some rubber bands and made my own tie-dye shirt.  Very bright yellows, blues, and reds were extremely trendy at the time so my more subdued color combination drew a lot of comments (much to my surprise).  I wore that t-shirt for quite a few years until it faded away.  So, that is my story about why I have an attachment to green and purple as a color combination!

Details:
  • Elegant Weeds stamp from Hero Arts colored with Copics YG67/G24/V01/V17
  • Sentiment stamp from Flourishes
  • Echo Park For the Record stripe paper

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I really like the purple and green together. And I just love that flower stamp. And your tie-die shirt story is great, especially that you still love purple and green together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always struggle with purple and maybe I'll try matching it with green now that you've inspired me I will give it a try. Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your story and I love that you just added a small strip of patterned paper on the side or your panel and then your image and sentiment. Very classy card that makes a very bold statement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Love Love and Purple and Teal are my favorite colors, so this one that called my name!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gorgeous Lee Mae and I too loved your story.

    Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the purple and green color combo and how CAS your card is! Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!