Sunday, March 10, 2013

OWH Sketch Challenge 163 and My Favorite Things Stamp Set

My card for this week's Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge 163.  Love this sketch because I have a bunch of small stamps and even some small dies that will work really well with this layout.

Since my 1/2 box of Mother's Day/Mom cards is almost full and ready to ship to Sandy, I know I must start working on Father's Day/Dad cards for the April 30th deadline for those.  I usually ship a box of cards a month, so I try and start on those deadlines more than 30 days ahead so I can get my cards to Sandy at least two weeks prior to any deadlines.

Details:
  • Hat and sentiment stamps from My Favorite Things Let's Hear it for the Boys! stamp set
  • Copics B95/E44
  • Spellbinders dies
  • Paper from my stash - unidentified 

12 comments:

  1. Very nice card. I love your choice of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love how you colored the hats to match the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Jen said above! LOL I love how you colored those hats, and the perfect centering of that great dsp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those hats and the way you mixed up how you colored them...awesome papers and sentiment! WTG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great combination of papers and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the papers- and I love your hats! I have that set of stamps--now you have given me great inspiration to use it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those papers together! Perfect color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Father's Day card - I love your plan on card making wish i could keep up a month in advance - doing better - i have least have My Mom's Day cards box full and ready to send.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lee Mae! I love what you did with the sketch! I agree with you that this is a great sketch for using those small stamps that are hard to use on some sketchs. Love the masculine take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lee Mae,

    I too love the way the caps and papers compliment each other so well. Your absolutely right about this sketch being perfect for smaller stamps -- and stickers and punches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue and brown is one of my favorite combinations. This is a perfect father's day card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm partial to brown-and-anything so this card is just wonderful in my book, but then you just had to take it to the next level. It's gorgeous, if you can say that about a card with baseball caps! Some lucky dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!