Monday, March 25, 2013

OWH Sketch 164

I missed making a card in time for last week's sketch challenge 164 at Operation Write Home.  This card came to mind as soon as I saw the sketch, but I could not think of a patterned paper to use.  I also have never made a card with the cutaway on the crosspieces like I did here, so I felt stalled out.  I finally knew I had a workable idea to try today when I spotted this 12x12 sheet of Basic Grey paper that I had pulled out to use for a Father's Day/Dad card or some type of masculine looking card.  Since I knew I wanted to use a brownish/grayish marbled paper to stamp the sentiment on, this BG paper looked like a good match.

Details:
  • OWH sketch 164
  • Stampin' Up! stamp
  • Basic Grey paper - Oxford Midterm
  • Spellbinders dies
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder Distressed Stripes

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lee Mae! I love the cut out centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great guy card, strong lines and manly colors. I love the distressed embossing, adds to the ruggedness of the card!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!