Monday, March 18, 2013

OWH Bootcamp - Anyway You Slice It - Composition, the Rule of Thirds


My card for today's OWH Bootcamp Lesson - Anyway You Slice It-Composition, the Rule of Thirds.  I really learned a lot about why certain compositions look more pleasing since our eye wants to travel in certain ways.  I was also glad to see some suggested sketches to carry out our homework since I am at a dead run trying to get to the post office and get my OWH Mother's Day box in the mail!

I was especially glad to see OWH sketch 19 listed as a good "rule of thirds" sketch because I was planning on using it today for a Dad card and a stamped image.  I have had this great deer stamp for over a year and I am finally getting some ink on it!

Details:
  • OWH sketch 19
  • TPC Studios image stamp
  • Copics E81/E55/E44/Y19/E31
  • Hampton Arts (Ditto/Studio g - Micheals) sentiment stamp
  • Basic Grey Oliver plaid paper

2 comments:

  1. What a great masculine card Lee Mae! I love the term "sweet spot" in describing what you're aiming for in the rule of thirds. Interstingly I have heard from several OWHers who noticed their designs often follow the rule of thirds and they are now undersatnding why those cards are among the favorities. Thanks for joining in this bootcamp and for letting me swipe samples to share too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee Mae, I had to come over and check out your card because I have the same deer stamp. I love what you've done with the coloring; every time I've used this stamp, I've stamped it brown and left it alone. Thanks for the great example.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!