Sunday, February 17, 2013

OWH SKetch Challenge 160 and VCMP Challenge Number 6

OWH Sketch Challenge 160
Card I made for this week's Sketch Challenge 160 at Operation Write Home's Stars & Stamps blog.

Details:
  • VW stamp from PrintWorks cut out and popped up on foam tape
  • Copics YR14
  • Sentiment stamp from Paper Smooches
  • My Favorite Things banner Fishtail Banner dies
  • Taylored Expression gear die
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder Gear Box
Here is this week's sketch:

OWH VCMP #6 Challenge
I used the same sketch, but used an uncut background for Operation Write Home's Virtual Card Making Party Challenge #6 - Things with Wheels hosted by Linda at Creeping Along.

All of the details are the same except for my using Basic Grey papers (Wander collection) and coloring the VW bus with Copics BG01.

I'm loving all of the challenges, but I definitely need to take a break and go outside and enjoy a bit more of the day.  I'll be back later today and tomorrow with more cards.  I've already checked the other challenges, and I have some ideas cooking, but I don't know if I'll burn them or get them done OK!

6 comments:

  1. Great use of the sketch, and the gear details are a nice touch! When I saw your color scheme on the first one, I thought "groovy"...very fitting for the retro van!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LeeMae! After ooh'ing and ah-ing over your first card, I scrolled down to see your 2nd VW bus card!! Love all the gear bling and can't pick a fave between the two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Sherry...two rocking cards...each with a different look! Great idea to only emboss part of the rectangle! Thanks for playing in the Things with Wheels challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that VW bus and the cards you made! The cogs embossing looks great, as do those great papers you used! NJ on both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LeeMae... these are two awesome cards. I love that VW bug.. what fun! thanks for sharing these fun, bright & cheery cards. blessings ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grooooovy card baby! Love the embossing of the cogs and the colors are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!