Tuesday, February 19, 2013

OWH Design Bootcamp - Get to the Point

My card for Operation Write Home's Design Bootcamp Class - Get to the Point.  Homework for the class is to create a strong focal point.  Nothing like a bold color against black and white to draw the eye where I want it to go!  Thanks for Paula for her excellent lesson in good card design.  One of the points she brought up about creating a tight grouping of elements was a lesson I was long in learning.  I also remember, when I first started making cards, my horror when I realized I was going to have to add layers behind my images if I wanted them to stand out!  Thank heavens for ATG tape and Spellbinders!

Details:
  • Floral digi from Create with TLC
  • Sentiment computer generated with Freebooter font
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder Borders Organic Flourish
  • Recollection dot paper
  • Hero Arts/Sizzix stamp and die combo Butterflies 3
  • Copics RV17/RV23/YG67/VG63

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully done Lee Mae! The bold color does exactly what you intended... it draws the eye right in to the image and I like the extra details you added in the embossed edge and the way the butterfly has a bit of dimension to it too.

    Your advice about adding layers is great and probably the single easiest way to take a so-so deign and make it look polished. When I first started making cards I too had a tendency to often skip layering (looking back I admit I was just being lazy, lol :) but I soon realized it was well worth the effort and made a huge difference. Thanks for participating in the February Bootcamp and sharing this with everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!