Saturday, January 5, 2013

OWH Challenges for Our Daily Bread Designs and Midweek Throwdown

I started this card for this week's Operation Write Home's Midweek Throwdown Challenge Spring Flowers on Wednesday and struggled with getting what I had in mind to come out.  I think when I have MOJO problems I can't get my cards to "look" right.  When I saw this month's Our Daily Bread Challenge for January to use dry embossing, I immediately knew how to make my background work!  Yay!

Details:
  • Pre-colored image from Jeriann Sabin's collection Four Seasons-Spring from PcCrafters
  • Sentiment stamp from Penny Black stamped with Versafine Black Onyx ink
  • Fiskars border punch
  • OWH sketch 41
  • Yellow floral paper from My Minds Eye 
  • Sizzix embossing folder Petal Flowers

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I love how the royal blue mats pick up the blue from the chair, and that embossing looks awesome!! That's my favorite way to dress up an ordinary card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image - love the colors and the embossing folder is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! That embossing folder works perfectly with the floral image. I really like your color choices, especially with the blue layers. Great card for this month's ODBD challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love it when it all comes together?!? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous as usual! I love the bright blue and yellow combo. Looks like we're ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee Mae,

    What a gorgeous card. I love the blue and yellow colors.
    I don't think I've seen this embossing folder before - it looks perfect here.

    Thank you for playing along.
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lee Mae, This card came out just lovely. The blue mats really help everything pop. I have found that my card almost seem bare if there is no embossing on them somewhere. It really help in the card making world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pre-colored image. I've seen it before but can't get to it anymore online. Did you purchase this from PC Crafter? They are showing up as out of business... just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is my design inspiration to pull out a set I have featuring an A-Frame glider. Thank you.

    Carol in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!