Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Top Ten OWH Cards for 2012

Trying to choose ten of my favorite cards for 2012 was really difficult since I usually form an attachment to the paper or images I use on my cards.  Sometimes it's hard to let that box go out the door!  I decided to choose cards that really challenged me to try some new things, whether it was more layers, Copics - which I just started using this year, or using stamps since I mainly use digis.  

Splitcoast Stampers sketch 369; image from Vintage Rio.

Splitcoast Stampers sketch 224; image from Anne Fenton through CDAC, colored with Copics.

Digi from Cleverly Cute stamps colored with Copics; OWH sketch 107.   I got so into coloring that I made nine cards with the girls all having different hair and clothes colors!

Hero Arts stamps and Copics.

Bugaboo digi colored with Copics; Hero Arts stamp; OWH sketch 15

Penny Black stamp; color blocks made with Ranger Distress Inks.

Dustin Pike digi colored in PSE 7; Sizzix embossing folder; Verve stamps sentiment.

Penny Black image stamp colored with Copics; Hero Arts sentiment stamp, Ranger Distress Inks for background.

Digi from Tiffany's Doodles colored with colored pencils; sentiment computer generated; the petals on three of the flowers are cutout and glued on top.

Pre-colored digi from Kenny K; Prima papers; OWH sketch 66.

I hope you enjoy my cards and thanks for visiting!

16 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Lee Mae! What a great bunch of cards to showcase your talents. Looking forward to seeing more this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy coming over to see what you've been up to. Do I understand correctly, that you color your digis with PSE? WOW! I'd love to come pick your brain and learn how to do that :) I love the first card with the bold colors and design, and especially the last with that awesome coloring! Teen cards are something I'm completely challenged with making, but I love the purple in the hair! Great look!
    Have a fabulous 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are really cheerful and full of color. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love your collection. I color my digis in PSE too. The one thing I would like to do with them is get more shading but I have to figure it out first. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee Mae, your collection is terrific! So many different techniques. Your coloring looks great. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee Mae, your collection is terrific! So many different techniques. Your coloring looks great. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi LeeMae! Great card choices; wonderful variety. I love the snowboarder with the snow swirling around him; not often I see a great digi for a teen! Fun to see the modern image on your last card; your paper choices set off the colors of the image so well! Look forward to your 2013 creations! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great diversity of cards! all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. loved your selections. I always enjoy your posts, wuld love to see them more often. Pat Kinkaid

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, your cards are fantastic! I especially loved the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cards, Lee Mae! I particularly like your florals. The Vintage Rio card at the top is my very favorite! Thanks for sharing your cards and Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your cards. Your coloring is great. I like the floral miss you card.
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your coloring on all the cards is just perfect! I love your first card, it's very visually appealing. I also love how that white embossed piece is going thru the background. Wicked clever... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful cards, Lee Mae! I always enjoy seeing what you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to finally getting around to commenting, especially after the super sweet compliments you left for me! Lee Mae, you do a wonderful job with your coloring (and you *just* started using Copics? Wow.); that dog card is terrific. Your overall use of color in your projects is super. The vibrant flowers in cards 4, 8 and 9 are stunning.
    I need to remember to visit your blog more often in 2013! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!