Thursday, December 13, 2012

OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge - Hi, Hello, Thinking of You

The Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home this week is to make a card with a Hi, Hello, Thinking of You sentiment plus an optional use of a die cut.  I just got this sentiment stamp from Stampin' Up! and it was nice to be able to use it for the first time with this challenge.

Details:
  • OWH sketch 122
  • Sentiment stamp from Stampin' Up!
  • Papers from Basic Grey and Authentique for the sentiment panel
  • Versafine Onyx Black ink
  • My Favorite Things Fishtail Banner dies
Since my banner dies were too short for this layout, I pieced them and the sentiment panel covers it up.   I also feel this card is a bit somber looking, but I was going for a gender neutral look, so I hope it works OK.

6 comments:

  1. Love your card! I think the papers go very well with such a strong sentiment. Definitely a great gender neutral card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card with that awesome sentiment! I love those elongated banners too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee Mae, Don't you just love that sentiment. It's my new , already over-used stamp. You've showcased it nicely. Your papers and your black banners look all so good together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love everything about your card Lee Mae, this is one of my favorite sketches too!

    Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Pretty! I'm a dog (and cat) lover too so I enjoyed seeing your blog. Thanks for visiting mine as well! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the colors of paper you used-and the sentiment is great! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!