Friday, November 23, 2012

Pike's Playground Ho Ho Ho Challenge and Send a Smile 4 Kids


Over at Pike's Playground we have been challenged to make one more Christmas card for the Ho Ho Ho Challenge.  In addition to my OWH cards, I've just started making cards for Send a Smile 4 Kids, a charity which provides handmade cards for children who are inpatient at children's hospitals.  The cards go to kids 0-19 years of age.  Apparently not too many cards come in for the older (teenage) boys and girls, so I am trying to gear my cards for that age group.  I think the Doodle Dragon images are so much fun and will be perfect for that age group.  The Christmas card deadline for this charity is December 1st, so I am finishing up my Christmas cards for them in order to mail them on Monday. When I saw the Pike's Playground challenge I did decide to make one more card!  I've also included all of the cards I've made for my Smile 4 Kids box using Doodle Dragon images in this post as well.

The card I made for the challenge is the first one below using a digi I just purchased during the Black Friday sale.  I am totally in love with this image - I think the reindeer footprints in the snow caused by the reindeer-footprint tire treads is just hysterical.  
Details:  OWH sketch 22, Hero Arts sentiment stamp, Recollections papers.

Details:  OWH sketch 71, Spellbinders die, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Create with TLC digi sentiment, Recollections paper

 Details:  OWH sketch 49, Hero Arts sentiment stamp, Recollections papers, Glossy Accents, Copics

Details:  Verve Sentiment stamp, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Ranger distress ink, image colored in PSE

 Details:  OWH sketch 1, Hero Arts sentiment stamp, Darice embossing folder, Paper Pizazz paper, Glossy Accents, image colored in PSE

 Details:  OWH sketch 16, digi sentiment by Create with TLC, Cuttlebug embossing folder, snowflake paper from Me & My Big Ideas

 I had a blast making these cards, and I hope they bring some smiles to the kids who get them!


3 comments:

  1. Awesome...awesome...awesome.. what a wonderful project! Your cards are fantastic and I am thrilled you used a DDS digi for all of these. Thanks for sharing and caring with us at "Pike's Playground."
    Hugz,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been such a busy girl. I love everyone of them. Thank you for playing along this week at “Pike’s Playground”. I sure hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Doodle Dragon Studio DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab batch of cards, thanks for joining us in the playground :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!