Sunday, November 18, 2012

OWH Sketch 147 Challenge

I had this cute little sheep already sized for a larger circle than what was called for in this week's OWH Sketch 147 Challenge, but I think it came out just fine a bit bigger.  The digi is a pre-colored image from Cheryl Alger @ Sassy Cheryl.  Papers are Recollections, Basic Grey, and Bella Blvd.  Other elements:  Fiskars border punch and Spellbinders circle dies.

It was a bit nerve-wracking to cut and line up the rectangles.  To make it a bit easier, I cut them 4" X 1" and attached them together with Scor-Tape on the back.  The Scor-Tape is strong enough that I could them trim that down into two 1.75" x 5" panels.  A bit of strip piecing from my quilting days, lol!

Have a great week, we're in for more rain and more rain - but at least it isn't snowing!


10 comments:

  1. Awesome digi! This card is so bright and cheery and the papers really pop! Great job, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LeeMae! Sweet Valentine; glad I took a closer look at that funny lamb with the sheepish grin! Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card, Lee Mae! Love all the tiny hearts in the paper :) Thanks for joining us in this week's Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely card and for sharing your secret tip about scor-taping the upper portion. I had trouble matching those small pieces and will use your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWW! That's too darling! I always love sheep and this one's so cute! I think the size is perfect for the card!
    I knew I'd never be able to line those strips up evenly onto the actual card, so I drew a line on a piece of paper for the top, then managed to tape them all on. then glue that to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking card! That sheep is too darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card...I used to quilt as well. Cards are so much easier! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a super cute card ! The digi is so adorable and I like the combination of colors and patterns that you used. A smile is guaranteed!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!