Wednesday, November 28, 2012

OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge - Winter Themed Cards that are Fun

This week's Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write is to make winter cards that are fun.  I decided to use this little guy from Bugaboo Stamps instead of using one of my many assorted animals skiing, sledding, or causing winter mayhem that I have in my collection.  I just love the expression on his face and so I colored him up with my Copics and perched him on a MFT Fishtail Banner die using Split Coast Stampers sketch 313.  The other elements used on this card are:  Recollections paper, Sizzix Hearts embossing folder, and a Hero Arts sentiment stamp.

It's raining again today after a couple days break from the constant drizzle, so I'm pretty happy to stay inside and make more cards!

7 comments:

  1. Your Penguin is adorable! He will put a smile on anyone's face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't he cute? I really like that heart embossing and your sentiment. Great coloring also. Have a great week, Lee Mae.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout - great color combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I like that embossing folder; I think I may go look for a similar one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, LeeMae! Love the little guy perched on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee Mae your card is adorable, I love the little penguin too!

    Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy your cards, but absolutely adore this one! He is soooo darling!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!