Monday, October 22, 2012

OWH Sketch Challenge 143


 
To say I struggled with this card would be the understatement of the year.  My craftroom looks like a bomb went off in it.  Right from the start I had a very clear idea about our new sketch and what I wanted to do with it.  Getting there, however, proved to be quite a journey.  In the end, I am satisfied with my card.  I think I would have liked to have used the wavy banner I have from Stampin' Up! for the sentiment, but my stamp wouldn't fit no matter how I bent it - it was just one word too long.  Since scissors and I don't get along by any stretch of the imagination, I rely heavily on dies.  So I chose the sentiment over the wavy banner and went with a straight one. 

Just wanted to note that the butterflies are windows and the Memory Box die I used is one continuous piece.  There is a background paper under the blue top layer and it shows through the butterfly "windows."  I didn't punch each butterfly and paste them on, yikes!

Here is this week's sketch:


Details:
  • OWH sketch 143
  • Sentiment stamp from Rubber Soul
  • Stampin' Up! banner die
  • Memory Box Butterfly Delights die
  • Recollections papers

5 comments:

  1. Wow...love the butterflies against that blue. Very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled with this sketch as well. I think yours turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be proud of how this one came out. It's gorgeous. I first thought you cut and pasted each and every one of those butterflies on. I was ready to send you a special award for Patience. You still get the award in my book. You are really going to brighten someone's day with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun and whimsical card. The multicolored butterflies against the blue is beautiful. I too thought you punched each butterfly until I actually read your post. This card will make anyone smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible detail - beautifully done. The rainbow paper under the die cut adds SO much interest!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!