Thursday, October 4, 2012

OWH Sketch Challenge 140

I made this card for Operation Write Home's sketch challenge 140 (link here).  I'm somewhat pleased with how this turned out, however, I think I will make the other five cards (since I make 6 to use up the 12x12 sheet of background paper) with two columns of the letters instead of one.  The tennis shoe column doesn't stand out enough for me against the background even with a contrasting layer behind it.

Details:
  • OWH sketch 140
  • Papers from Fancy Pants Design and Basic Grey (for the sentiment)
  • Sentiment stamp from Hero Arts
  • EK Success punch

3 comments:

  1. I think the tennis shoes paper works really well with the letter paper...great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lee Mae,

    I agree with Linda, I think the tennis shoe paper is really cute.

    Love the sentiment -- and the way you made it more of a focal punch with the border punch.

    Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the shoes too? Although it doesn't stand out as well, it helps to add to "school" theme. The paper notebook edging really emphasizes that too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!