Monday, October 29, 2012

OWH Sketch 144 Challenge

Well, Christmas cards are done for the year, so it's Valentine's Day cards for my next OWH box!  I was so happy to see this week's sketch.  I purchased the love die cut a couple of months ago on a whim, thinking I could use it somehow.  I knew I wanted to have something sitting on top of the letters or standing to one side, or something where a character was interacting with the word.  I just couldn't figure out a way to do it, so I put it on the back burner in hopes something would occur to me.  This week's sketch tripped the switch, and I knew right away how to make my card.  Luckily, this was one of those times that what was in my head didn't require me to destroy my craft room in order to get the job done!

Details:
  • OWH sketch 144
  • Pre-colored digi from Rebecca Carter's collection My Honey from PcCrafter (I colored the heart with a Copics marker to make it match the papers.  I also cut out six of these little bears while watching the San Francisco Giants win the World Series.   Yay, Giants!!!!)
  • Love die cut from KwicKutz
  • DCWV papers

7 comments:

  1. Totatlly adorable! Way to rock it! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna said...
    I love the bear sitting on the letter and your DP's. Your card is adorable.Thank you for sharing!

    October 29, 2012 4:00 PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great to be inspired from the moment you see the sketch? I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - your card is so bright and cheery! It's tough for me working on Valentines when it isn't even Thanksgiving yet. I put tons of stuff on my back burner and am amazed what I remember I have when I look at a sketch. You did a great job with the little bear and your die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, I LOVE this! That's the cutest little bear sitting on the diecut! You always make the greatest cards, and I love coming here to see what you've been up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Lee Mae! I love that LOVE die cut! And of course the polka dots :) Thanks for joining us in this week's Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!