Wednesday, October 31, 2012

OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge - Valentines!

This week's Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home is to make Valentines for our Heroes to send home to their loved ones.  I decided to try and make more gender neutral love cards this year, so I bought a black and white cardstock pack from Micheal's Recollections line and I am really pleased with it.  This card uses OWH sketch 135 and a digi sentiment from As You Wish Card Quotes 1.  The heart is punched from the Recollections cardstock with a Fiskars punch and colored with a Copics Strong Red marker.  I also popped the heart with some 3M double-sided foam tape.

Thanks for visiting my blog today, and Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

  1. Lee Mae,
    WOW! your card is gorgeous! I love the black and white designer papers and the red accents. I love sentiment cards and yours is really beautiful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really nice card. I love the way you used the black and white with a touch of red. Gorgeous. AND, I love the boxes of dogs! I have a few of my own.
    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so chic, Lee Mae! Love the classy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! I really love the black and white with the highlights of red. The sentiment is lovely. Someone will be so excited to receive this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone will love this card. Great idea to color the heart red. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Lee Mae, I love the color scheme, it pops!

    Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, so classic, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!