Tuesday, September 4, 2012

OWH Virtual Card Making Party Challenge #6 - OWH Sketch 136 - Use Punches


I am doing the challenges for Opertion Write Home's Virtual Cardmaking Party completely out of order.   I am trying to get them all done since I have plenty of ideas, but time has been an issue!
Linda at Creepin' Along came up with a great idea for the sketch, which was to use our punches.   I decided to use my balloon punches which haven't seen the light of day for about ten years. I completely forgot I had them until I came to challenge six which is to use this week's sketch (below) from Operation Write Home (Stars & Stamps post here) and punches.
 

All of the papers are from Recollections and my balloon punch is from Marvy.  I used a Stampin' Up banner die and a Hero Arts sentiment stamp.  I also tried Sandy' techniqiue of placing a brad where the twine comes through the card.  It worked really well.
 
Off to get some more challenge done.  I only have two more cards to go.



4 comments:

  1. Great card for this challenge. Love how you used your twine as the balloow strings. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card...I do not have a balloon punch. ;((( Love those papers! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Lee Mae! You should keep that balloon punch handy, it makes for a cute card! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card! The colors are so bright & Cheerful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!