Wednesday, August 22, 2012

CAS Card - Color Blocks

There is just something about the way silhouette stamps look against a swath of color that just makes me love it.  I have seen this technique in the Splitcoast Stampers gallery and I have finally made a card using some squares.  The technique is extremely easy (it's called reverse masking).  I used my Spellbinders square die to cut an opening in some scrap cardstock (I made one for each color) and then I simply sponged the color through the opening starting with the bottom, and then the top square and finishing with the left middle square.  The silhouette stamp was stamped last using a dye based ink.

Just for a note:  I had problems with my sentiment stamp beading up the dye ink and I wasn't going to use it, but then I tried a new (for me) ink from Versafine that I just purchased at Micheal's.  It's called Versafine Onyx Black, and it's an oil based ink that cleans up with water.  My stamp worked perfectly with this ink - no beading up at all, just a nice clean image.

Details:
  • Ranger Distress Inks in Peeled Paint, Wild Honey, and Rusty Hinge
  • Penny Black Quite Dandy stamp
  • Momento Tuxedo Black dye ink for image
  • Thank you stamp - unknown
  • Versafine Onyx Black ink for the sentiment

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering for awhile how to get those squares. They look so perfect. Now I know and I'll have to try it. Pretty card, Lee Mae!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!